Thursday, March 20, 2014

Shining

small fetish boxes with glass items: a glass skull I dug up in SE industrial Portland, under the Hawthorne bridge, gilded in silver in a box lined in '30s silk velvet and a squirrel mandible w/gold pigment painted heart in a simple black box. I posted them a few years back, and I will dig out the ones I never photographed, because they make a great series.

For awhile, I had this set of unpainted pine dolls. They were spooky on their own, but I recalled the antiqued metal angels in cemeteries, and painted them. In a simple black box with gold hinges attached.

I am beginning to branch away from 2-d glass only art more aggressively, but my heart is, as Blondie said, of glass.







"I'm So Glad That You're Gone" (squirrel bones/glass heart in box) 



Hawthorne Skull (skull gilded with silver in velvet lined box)

The Shining: wooden dolls, treated with patina, in black box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment