Saturday, March 15, 2014

mango pit beach

I've been producing a lot of new work lately, and have been slow to document it. 

When I lived in Hawaii, on Oahu, there was a beach south of Kailua, around a bend, surrounded with mango trees. It was an isolated, sparsely populated, if at all, local beach, and I spent some delicious afternoons under an umbrella in the sand. Here, in another imageistic piece, I attempt to capture the feeling of the beach I always thought of as "mango pit beach". I left the fruit stones out of the piece.

Green bottle glass, sea glass gilded in gold foil, blue windshield glass, pieces of Japanese fishing floats, stained glass scraps, mirror pieces, sea glass gilded in silver on found wood, painted with gold pigment. Hawaiian seashell.

35 x 35"



No comments:

Post a Comment