Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Candy Says"

Asymmetrical wood with cameo, broken jewelry, beads, buttons, ephemera. Glass from cocktail glasses, bus shelters, stained glass scraps, cars, windows, bottles. Bring the disparate elements of the cast offs of a city into a cohesive other. Elevating the mundane with gold and silver foil, gold, silver and copper pigment. The yellow is the wall of my studio behind. So many pieces making an intricate, mindful collage.

I really like the silver radiant lines, and the skull bead, which I found in the gutter near my workplace.

 For some damned reason,  I cannot get this image to post right side up, even if I save it upside down. ah well, dig that crazy detail!



2 comments:

  1. thanks, luv. It really is electric, and partially fueled by a Velvet Underground overdose over an entire week. really, you do need to see the new stuff in person; I've gone somewhere new.

    ReplyDelete