Sunday, March 14, 2010

Architecture





I've figured out that my work photographs best outside in direct sunlight, however, I need to work on my framing or photograph on fabric; pardon the grass. I love this piece. Idea was deconstructing/reconstructing of cities/history. Bits of oddities peek out amongst copper gilded glass, milk glass. Fragments of tiles with pigment painted scallop shells. And a whole panel of found glass painted with this antiquing stuff my mother sent me. On found, not completely flush wood, painted in pigment.

It captures the sense of pride that a building must feel as it stands tall and stark, even in the face of an economy that is no longer using it as it once did, it is still a tactile reminder of greatness.

Full piece, close up of top, close up of bottom.

1 comment:

  1. I actually like the grass in the photos, actually... and the closeup is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete