Saturday, January 24, 2015

"These Streets Will Never Look The Same"

More geometric stylings in a cool color palette.
Has a certain musicality and reminds me of a cityscape without being representational or on purpose. Glass scraps from Bullseye: iridescent, fused, slumped. I don't cut the glass, it is used as found, these are the things that would be thrown away or recycled.

Gilded with silver foil on silver gilded board. 12" x 12".. I liked the straight/almost straight lines and the colors: from electric blue to deep purple to cobalt, to green, to sky blue marbled in white, like a cut of sky.I wish I could capture the colors better-- for example, the rectangle above the golden one is a spectacular deep blue-green, but it looks black, no matter how I photograph it.



No comments:

Post a Comment