Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Documentation: thanks for the information



A piece being documented during creation; "...if it's worth the going, it's worth the ride". Roughly 7.5 inches x 10 inch wood, painted red w acrylic, painted with gilding adhesive:


Once this dries,  a layer of silver foil over the adhesive. Pieces of glass, as well as garnets from a broken bracelet and pieces from a ca 1920s chandelier painted with adhesive and foiled.


Glass from trimet bus shelters, windows, etc, painted with adhesive and gilded in silver:



Pieces begin to go together:


(turns out this is upside down, but I did not realize it until later)


up close, turned right side up, just the silver part- red is still exposed @ edges.



mores pieces added. Still a lot of work left.

*******************************************************8

Started working with long, 1mm sticks of glass, making radiant lines and adding a different type of movement.







Now, it is finished, save repainting the red border. I never would have guessed I would have kept the red border, but I was taking the color on as an issue. The border is wider, but the glue and foil residue are really irritating me, so I cropped them out. The final piece will be photographed and posted. Documenting my process is really tiresome; no wonder I have never bothered!  These photos also prove that my work just does not photograph well--the depth and the facets are lost, and it seems to capture anything negative and magnifies.



2 comments: