Sunday, June 27, 2010

Archive: Mermaid Art

In the late 90s, early '00s, I worked with pearls. Vintage/freshwater, whatever I could get my hands on. I had seen Eleanor Antin's installations at the LAX museum, and was creating the work of an undiscovered civilization. I abandoned this labourious process, but bits of it can still be seen influencing my work. a few pieces need repair, and I am missing the Starfish Sceptor (with a real starfish instead of a scallop), the third square bottle and the 2 really nice tiaras. The one shown here is a later work, as it uses gilded glass, which only overlaps in 2 transitional pieces. I don't own them anymore. The collection is a mirror, a brush, a comb, 3 bottles, a compact, a hair ornament, a silver bowl and a sceptor. Displayed on silk organza.


Here is the whole collection, I will post individual shots as I edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment